Preventative Outreach commenced 2015, but was based on an earlier support project which ran from 2006-2014. This is holistic advice and support delivered in Corby & Kettering it comprises of assistance to find work, education and training, enter volunteering, reduce harmful habits and focus on wellbeing by increasing physical and social activities.
Laura Project commenced 2013, this holistic advise and support delivered in Corby & Kettering to encourage volunteering, deliver accredited training, maximise income, minimise debt, access healthcare, assistance with benefits, debt, mediation and advocacy and increase life skills.
Al Anon Family Groups is a
Fellowship for help for relatives and friends of alcoholics.
We meet in the Parish Rooms, 17 Occupation Road Corby .
Thursday Evenings at 8.00pm to 9.30 pm.
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new Home Repairs Service for homeowners living in the Borough of Corby, in conjunction with Corby Borough Council.
The service is free for homeowners of all ages who are on means tested benefits/in receipt of low income £16k or less) (eligibility must be evidenced). It is also available to clients aged 65+ who are not on low income but have a long term health condition or disability; these clients will receive 50% funding of the cost of works.
The service will offer a comprehensive range of home measures, large and small, aimed at helping ensure the client has a safe, warm and secure living environment. Measures will include:-
· Home repairs, small and large
· Electrical, plumbing and carpentry works
· Repairs to doors and windows/replacements
· Falls prevention and small adaptations
· Home security improvements and key-safes
· Home warmth measures
· Home safety measures including carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms
· Gas safe checks and heating repairs
· Home safety measures for children with specialist needs
· Fencing and gating
Our aim is to provide you with a website where you can access information, self help resources and find out about training and services that can help improve your wellbeing and enable you to build a brighter future whatever your circumstances.
At the Changing Minds Centre our work is centred on, informed by, developed with and delivered by people who have a real understanding about what it feels like to be in mental distress.
We work with service users, carers, health professionals and partner organisations, to help us deliver meaningful, supportive and informed advice to every individual and organisation we interact with.
The IAPT (Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies ) Wellbeing Teams aim to provide a local service for people with common mental health problems including anxiety and depression.
We work in partnership with Primary Care colleagues and provide timely interventions for people with a low risk that enables them to acquire the skills they need to promote their own recovery.
Corby Borough Council
Anti–Social Behaviour. Corby Borough Council recognises that anti-social behaviour is a serious problem that affects the quality of life of individuals, families and communities.
We are committed to tackling anti-social behaviour working with our partner agencies to put sustainable solutions in place. If you are suffering anti-social behaviour or need some advice and support then please contact a member of the Community Safety team or visit Corby Borough Council’s website for further information.
Provides advice and support to ensure you are receiving the right benefits.
Leisure Membership - £29.99
- 2 Gyms (Swimming Pool and Lodge Park Sports Centre)
- All Studio Classes (75+ a week)
- Public Swimming
- Spa / Sauna / Steam
- A free 1 -1 gym programme on joining the gym
- Regular free reviews and programme updates
- Fitness advice
- Your own dedicated Gym Instructor
- One Year Loyalty Card Membership
Swimming Only Membership £24.00
- Unlimited Swimming
Swim and Aqua Class Membership £28.50
- Unlimited Swimming
- Aquatic Classes
Group Exercise - £27.50
- Studio Classes
- Vibro Gym Training Sessions
- Aquatic Classes
- Not included: Gym, Swim and Health Suite
Benefits of being a member.
- Loyalty Card free for 1 year (thereafter annual fee).
- Kiosk (available at Pool) - Fast Track you through reception and reduce queuing times. To use this service you will need to purchase an orange wristband, cost £10.00. This wristband will be valid throughout your Leisure Membership. When you leave the Leisure Membership we buy back the wristband for £5.00. Terms and Conditions apply. Please contact Pool reception for further details.
- Refer a friend to join and both receive 1 month's free leisure membership. The more members you refer, the more FREE months you'll receive! Contact Pool reception (01536 464643) or Lodge Park Sports Centre (01536 400033) for more information.
Corby Borough Council is committed to improving the fitness of residents. A range of activites are available at our facilities throughout the borough.
Provides advice and information on housing services and community alarms.
Offers various activities for all abilties and for adults over the age of 40.
Provides help and support in form filling, benefits issues and can be a representative at appeals.
Opening hours: Monday to Wednesday – 9.00am to 2.00pm.
Appointments available on Thursdays & Fridays for debt and specialist queries. Telephone messages can be left on 01536 265501 or ring the Countywide advice line on 0344 4889 629.
Corby has one of over 380 foodbanks providing emergency food to people in crisis across the UK, supporting local people from going hungry.