Corby VCS Shopmobility has a number of mobility scooters available to hire for a small cost for either morning or afternoon sessions. The service is for Town Centre use only and cannot be offered on a 'long-term' basis. As well as the scooters we also offer wheelchair hire, for further information and costs please telephone the office on the number listed.
Traditional Chinese Medicine - Professional Care with Professional Standards.
With a system of treatment being used for over three generations, the CT Clinic Team provides excellent and professional care using methods that have been helping people for over a century.
- Back Pain, Sciatica
- Cold and Flu
- Sleep Problems
- Emotional - Stress, Anger, Depression
- Skin Conditions – Eczema, Psoriasis, Dry Skin, Dermatitis
- Breathing Conditions – Allergies, Asthma, Hay fever
- Women's Health – Irregular and painful periods, PCOS, Infertility
- Digestive Conditions – IBS, Constipation
As a full members of the Acupuncture Society we are appropriately insured and honours a strict code of hygiene, ethics, discipline and confidentiality between patient and practitioner.
DIAL Northants (Disability, information, advice line) provide information and advice to disabled people, their family and professionals on all aspects of living with a disability.
Family Support Link is a registered charity based in Northamptonshire which aims to reduce the physical, psychological and emotional harm caused to families living with, or caring for someone who is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, empowering them to improve their lives.
Particular emphasis is placed on those we have traditionally found difficult to engage with, by encouraging a pro-active not re-active approach.
Inspiration Den is a Community Wellbeing Service based in Corby and the surrounding areas. They run a variety of groups and events to support the wellbeing and happiness of our local communities. They are open access; no waiting lists / application forms and everyone is welcome to come along.
Contact: Victoria Draycott using any of the above methods.
Joanne Cares 4 YOU provides services to adults with learning difficulties and older persons who are in need of help to live independantly. The organisation has over 25years of experience working in the care industry. For more information and prices contact Joanne on any of the methods provided.
The outreach branch of the Kettering Sexual Health Clinic takes place in Great Oakley medical Centre once a week. Patients make an appointment by calling the main clinic in Kettering on 01536410647
Our support is extended to the families and the carers of loved ones who have died. Grieving is a natural response to the loss of someone close to you. The feelings and emotions you experience and the effect they have on you will be unique to you.
Our dedicated trained volunteer bereavement counsellors offer one-to-one counselling to help you explore your feelings and support you in finding your own resources to cope with this grief.
If you want us to help you through this difficult time please contact us at the hospice 01536 747755 (Mon-Fri 9-5pm). You will be contacted by one of our volunteer bereavement counsellors who will arrange an appointment that will suit you both.
There is no charge for this service and your confidential sessions will be held at the hospice in one of our quiet private rooms. Our counsellors are unfortunately unable to make home visits.
For more on this service please follow the link provided.
Hospice at Home
Giving choice to patients
Our Hospice at Home Care service aims to provide you with overnight care when you are within the last four weeks of your life. The professional care you would receive from our nurses will enable you to stay at home to maintain the best quality of life and dignity.
This service started in August 2010 and now receives referrals from all five GP surgeries in Corby. Also, any Lakelands patient who has used our Day Services in the earlier stages of their illness, will also be able to have more intensive nursing care at their end of life. The service is available 365 days a year.
All Lakelands Hospice at Home Nursing staff:
- Are Registered Nurses with additional training in palliative care.
- Work in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) guidelines.
- Will provide support for you, your carer and family member’s throughout our intervention.
- Will always respect the personal property of patient’s and treat it with due care at all times.
- Maintain Lakelands Health and Safety Policies.
- Will undertake a risk assessment for every patient and will ensure records are maintained should an accident or incident occur
For a referral form and more information follow the link to the website
Living with COPD
Helping to control your condition
The Living with COPD Programme is a 16-week programme in which you will receive a wide range of information to help support you in living with your condition.
Our aim is to provide support and guidance to you and your carers in order for you to gain a better understanding and control over your heart condition. This will include understanding how the heart functions and the role of the kidneys.
- to provide you, your family and carers with education, advice and support in order for you to become more actively involved with the management and monitoring of your condition.
- to enhance quality of life for COPD patients by ensuring you receive an individualized patient management plan. This will enable you to play a more active role in the management of your care.
- to closely monitor patients to identify potential occurrences of a crisis and act accordingly.
- to reduce incidents of unnecessary emergency admissions to hospital and minimizing inappropriate interventions which may impact on your quality of life.
- to promote effective communication between all the members of the multidisciplinary team involved in your care pathway.
- to develop and improve palliative care services within the community where appropriate.
- to implement advanced care planning initiatives including preferred place of care and death.